But let’s not forget that our hair also ages. The hair, like the skin, is exposed to both external and internal factors, which we will explain later, that weaken and age it. Some even accelerate their normal aging rhythm.
Hair aging begins at approximately 35 years due to hormonal changes experienced by women.
From this age, the production of estrogens decreases hormones that have a positive effect on the hair cycle. As a consequence, it loses thickness and reduces the capillary density, so it becomes more easily entangled and more fragile and breaks.
Other factors that contribute to aging are stress, improper diet, medication, sun exposure, and heat; improper use of irons, very aggressive treatments …
Before giving you some tips to take care of your hair and prevent hair aging, you must read the following symptoms to see if you identify with one or more of them:
- The most notable is the appearance of gray hair, due to the decrease in the hair follicle that produces the melanin that gives hair color.
- The hair loss occurs when hair cycles. Although sometimes it is accelerated by other factors, it is normal for it to happen over time.
- Loss of hair thickness and reduction of its diameter.
- The hair dries, even in hair that was previously oily.
- It slows the growth rate.
The seven useful tips to combat and curb hair aging:
- Protects hair from excess heat, using protective products before using irons and a sunscreen spray for hair.
- Hydrate it always: the olive oil extract serum is ideal, with it we increase the microcirculation, the metabolism is stimulated, and activity is returned to the hair follicles. It is a balancing scalp in addition to preventing hair aging.
- It is applied when leaving the shower, with wet hair, from root to tip, afterward performing a massage like the one indicated in the image.
- Eat a balanced diet, rich in minerals (sodium, potassium, magnesium, silicon, …) that provide tonicity and vitality as well as vitamin B5, which increases life.
- Reduce stress In addition to accelerating hair aging. It causes it to fall.
- Use a suitable brush that does not break the hair.
- Use an anti-aging shampoo, combined with what your hair usually needs to be treated (dry colored, oily …). In summer, avoid sun, chlorine, or salt spoiling your hair, following our care routine.
- If you dye it, do it with quality products and moisturize your hair and scalp a lot.
Our recommended product:
The shampoo anti-age Klorane to extract olive oil, olive contains essential water, high in nutrients, trace elements and especially polyphenols (powerful antioxidants) penetrating revitalizing the hair fiber. It also has sugars that provide the hair with the necessary nutrients to regain density.
Why is olive oil good for our hair?
Olive oil has long been used in our culture to take care of hair, just like argan oil in North Africa. In the Middle Ages, they used it as beauty treatments for both hair and skin.
Olive oil is also one of the great allies of our health for its antioxidant, anti-aging and moisturizing power, due to its high content of Vitamin E and its regenerating and soothing properties, especially in damaged hair.
Olive oil also contains vitamin C, which stimulates the formation of collagen (with less collagen, the hair becomes thinner), as well as vitamin A to control cell regeneration.
- Reduce the loss of protein from damaged hair.
- It diminishes the frizz effect (frizziness of the hair) since its molecular structure makes hair fibers penetrate more easily.
- If you have the battered, open or dried tips, olive oil is the best option to treat them.
- Olive oil is known for its moisturizing and toning properties. The pool, the beach, the dyes, and the dryer are just some of the elements that make our hair dehydrate. Olive oil is excellent to help you recover your natural moisture.
From all of the above, we deduce the five primary benefits that the use of olive oil brings to our hair:
- Provides shine.
- Nourish and repair the scalp.
- It encourages hair growth.
- Strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss.
- Prevents brittle tips.